Our six opportunity shops (Op’Shops) are run entirely by volunteers with each shop having a Manager and/or a Management committee supported by a very large team of volunteers
working to rostered duties and responsibilities. The collective monetary contribution to UnitingCare Geelong from these small business enterprises makes up a very significant part of our overall income. Our Op’Shops are situated at Ormond Road, Drysdale, Point Lonsdale, Corio, Hamlyn Heights and Highton.
Over 300 active volunteers work at six UnitingCare Geelong opportunity shops. Volunteers sort through donated goods as part of the Sorting Room team or the individual Op’Shop teams.
Shop Managers and volunteers assist clients with clothing and sales, present with a welcoming conversation and a friendly ear; advertise and run the Op’Shop support committees. Our maintenance crew take care of the buildings and pick up and drop off deliveries and returns.
Our Opportunity shops continue to be the strength and main income generator providing UnitingCare Geelong with approximately 40% of our income.
Visit One of Our Opportunity Shops at:
- Corio – Treasures Op Shop, 15 Detroit Crescent, Corio 3214 (phone 5275-0222, fax 5275-0225)
- Drysdale -Village Op Shop, Village Walk, Drysdale 3222 (phone 5251-3640)
- East Geelong -Ormond Village Op Shop, 136 Ormond Road, East Geelong 3219 (phone 5221-4068)
- Hamlyn Heights -Vines Options Op Shop, 81 Vines Rd, Hamlyn Heights 3215 (phone 5277-9461)
- Highton -First Options Op Shop, 8 Porter Ave, Highton 3216 (phone 5241-3976)
- Point Lonsdale -Pt Lonsdale Op Shop, Pt Lonsdale Road, Point Lonsdale 3225 (phone 5258-4022)
See the locations of these Opportunity Shops on the map below. Use the zoom controls or click the marker to obtain directions.